5 Hula Hooping Tips for KidsMarch 20, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Hi Friends! We are so excited to share our top 5 hooping tips for kids AND announce the launch of our new You Tube channel! Here, you’ll find a collection of videos from our kids classes and events, including special appearances by the Hoola Monsters themselves! And starting on Monday, March 23, we will be releasing a new, kid-friendly hoop dance tutorial every week for your viewing and learning pleasure. So be sure to cruise on over to our channel and subscribe!
In the meantime, here are some quick tips to help get you started:
1) Make sure you’re using a handmade dance hoop like this. The plastic toy hoops found in stores are just a bit too flimsy and light for our liking. In addition, things like water, sand and beads inside tend to skew the rotation of the hoop. We prefer nice, even rotations for easy-breezy directional changes. The grip tape found on handmade hoops (also called gaffers) creates friction so the hoop will stick to your body, to help keep it spinning.
2) Be sure to hula hoop in both directions. Just like being left handed or right handed, we’ll have one side that’s more dominant than the other. But don’t worry! With practice, you’ll be spinning up some fun in your not-so-easy-direction in no time! Hooping in both directions builds nice, strong muscles and helps to keep us balanced.
3) Hula hoop in big, open spaces. Hooper bloopers tend to happen when we don’t have enough room. So, extend your hoop out in front of you and spin in a circle to make sure your space is hoop-friendly.
4) Dropping the hoop is part of the process. So, when it happens, just pick your hoop up and give it another spin. Let’s see how creative we can be with our recoveries! Whatever you do… don’t give up!
5) We’re Hoola Monsters, not dinosaurs! Be sure to keep those arms and hands moving to avoid the dreaded “T-Rex” hands.
Last but not least, if you’re smiling you’re doing it right! 🙂Tags: #hoolamonsterkids, #kidsfitness, #kidshulahooping, #kidshulahoops, #miss abby, children's fitness classes, childrens hoop dance, childrens hoop dance dvd, hoola monster kids, hoola monsters, hooping kids, hooping trick for kids, hula hoop tutorials, hula hooping, kids hooping, kids hooping dvd, kids youtube, lets move
Categorized in: General